Over Capacity? How A VA Can Help

Over Capacity? How A VA Can Help

When your business is over capacity, it can feel like every day is a game of whack-a-mole. You spend so much time rushing around to get everything done that things start slipping through the cracks, and before long you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed and burnt out. Don’t worry, it happens to all of us at some point. In fact, some say it’s the sign of a healthy, growing business. If you’ve managed to attract so many customers that you start to run out of time to deliver the work, then it’s time to think about expanding and bringing someone else on board to lighten the load. But that person doesn’t have to be a full-time employee. In fact, they don’t have to be an employee at all. If you’re just starting to enter that growth period, then a VA can be the perfect person to help you ride the wave and keep on top of everything.

But How?

Simple. If you were to look at your to-do list for the day, week, and month, you will probably notice a pattern. Around 60% of your tasks will be delivering products or services to your customers, and the remaining 40% will mainly be either marketing or admin tasks. All of those tasks do need to be done, and they are important to keep your business running. But they aren’t the bits that earn you money or grow your business. So it can be difficult to find the motivation or time to spend on them. That’s how they end up at the bottom of the to-do list, and end up causing you a lot more stress and hassle than they need to.

A VA is there to essentially strike those things off your to-do list, and move them onto their own. VAs are born to do admin, and using those skills we can organise your admin tasks, do them for you and keep your business running smoothly in the background, all while you’re out there finding more customers, doing the bits you actually enjoy doing, and making more money. Sounds perfect, right?

How Does Hiring A VA Work?

The good news is, hiring a VA is a really simple process. The better news is that hiring one can actually save you a lot of time and money from the very beginning. Now, bear in mind that every VA and every client is different, but at Starfish Admin Services, this is usually how hiring us happens:

  • A business owner will give us a call. They’ve usually been juggling a lot of things in their business for a while, and they’ve just reached their breaking point. Balls are starting to be dropped, and they need some help keeping it all in the air. They could be a busy tradesman working long hours and doing manual labour all day, who is struggling to do all the follow up, quotes, invoicing and admin in the evenings. They could be a professional selling their time, and they have too much on their plate that’s stopping them from growing. Or it could be a busy mum who works around her children, and is struggling to balance being mum and business owner.
  • All are welcome at Starfish, so whoever it is, we have a chat about their business and the issues they’re facing, along with any concerns they have about outsourcing. Some of the bigger concerns we see are:
  • That we are going to be hugely expensive
    • That we’ll need a lot of information and assistance from them to get going
    • That we’re just going to be another thing they need to stay on top of

We do our best to address all of those issues, and usually they end the call pleasantly surprised.

  • If they’re happy with us, then we start working out a quote for them. Each customer’s needs are unique, so all of our quotes are too! We then go back to them with a price, and get started as soon as they want us to.

So you see, working with a VA can be as easy as a phone call. We don’t require a huge amount of support from you to get started, and we can take on as much or as little as you want us to. If you’ve been thinking about hiring a VA, then this is your sign to do it. To find out more, just get in touch with us today.